RETA Resources provides you with free Lesson Plans and a Clearinghouse of resources.
- New Mexico History Resource Framework
- A project to present resources that support teaching New Mexico History to elementary and secondary students.
- The Santero's Miracle
- Enhance your reading of The Santero's Miracle by Rudolfo Anaya.
- The Battle for Bataan
- Learn about the historic role of 1,800 New Mexico National Guardsmen in this battle and of their ordeal as prisoners of war.
- Four Sacred Plants
- Corn, beans, squash, and tobacco are sacred to the Diné People. This media-rich site explores the uses and benefits of these crops.
- El Camino Real de Tierra Adentro
- El Camino Real de Tierra Adentro is one of the oldest and longest historic routes on the North American continent. Join us as we explore this historic trail.
- The Long Walk
- Learn about the forced march of the Navajo in this three-part lesson on the Long Walk.
- Route 66
- Come explore Route 66 in New Mexico! Known as the Mother Road, Route 66 tells the history of New Mexico.
Over the years, RETA has collected many valuable resources for K-12 educators. Please visit them.
- NMSU | RETA
- Phone: (575) 646-8231 | Fax: (575) 646-2044
- Milton Hall 185, MSC 3CEL, P.O. Box 30001
- Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001