Currently, RETA is involved in several partnerships to provide teachers with programs for professional development for various levels of online teaching and learning. These programs provide New Mexico teachers with professional development opportunities that:
- utilize a blended approach (both face-to-face and online workshops),
- engage in a long-term process approach,
- include learner involvement to develop and improve the programs and courses,
- incorporate the model of teachers teaching teachers whenever possible,
- strive for the development of a professional learning community,
- model and foster experiential learning via the use of current innovative elearning technology tools and skills such as blogs, wikis, web-conferencing, chats, audio/video tools, and the open-source learning and course management system - Moodle,
- include curriculum based on the most current standards and resources for quality online teaching and quality online courses,
- and include practical application of tools and skills.
Blackboard for eBlended Online Learning and Development
Blackboard for eBlended Online Learning and Development (BeBOLD) is an Enhancing Education Through Technology (E2T2) RETA partnership with the districts of Deming Public Schools, Animas Public Schools, Lordsburg Municipal Schools, and Truth or Consequences Municipal Schools. RETA will provide grade 3–12 teachers with professional development for eblended/online teaching and learning to effectively utilize asynchronous and synchronous online learning tools, enhance curriculum with Web 2.0 tools, evaluate online curriculum, and mentor other teachers.
*For the purposes of this program, we use the term "online" for fully online courses AND blended for courses taught in face-to-face classrooms settings with curriculum available online; it can also mean that your course is delivered partly F2F and partly online.Note that "blended" can also refer to the combination of synchronous and asynchronous course tools. A supplemental course is where you are teaching F2F but you have resources and activities for your students online.
Consortium for 21st Century Learning
Consortium for 21st Century Learning (C21CL) is an E2T2 RETA partnership between Socorro Public Schools, Dexter Consolidated Schools, Las Cruces Public Schools, Lordsburg Muncipal Schools, and Truth or Consequences Muncipal Schools. The members of the consortium share a commitment to developing a robust regional educational network for sharing resources and learning infrastructure. RETA will work with member districts to provide customized professional development that prepares NM K-12 educators, professional development specialists and technology coordinators to effectively support 21st century teaching & learning environments.
Podcasting and Vodcasting for Improved Achievement Year Two
Podcasting and Vodcasting for Improved Achievement (PVIA) is entering its second year (Y2) as an E2T2 RETA partnership with Dexter Consolidated Schools, Las Cruces Public Schools, and Loving Municipal Schools. The overarching goal is to improve student achievement and help students and teachers meet the ISTE's National Education Technology Standards for Students and Teachers through effective technology integration, specfically podcasting and vodcasting. RETA provides professional development for the PVIA teacher trainers who work at the school sites and in the PVIA classrooms. Monthly webinars are also provided for the PVIA teacher learning community.
In PVIA Y1,first and third grade teachers and their students at four elementary schools, learned how to create pod/vodcasts. The program has expanded to include second and fourth grade teachers and students in Y2.
- NMSU | RETA
- Phone: (575) 646-8231 | Fax: (575) 646-2044
- Milton Hall 185, MSC 3CEL, P.O. Box 30001
- Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001