The count down is on, 4, 3, 2, 1, Blast Off to PD 2009! Your participation in this event promises to make it another RETA professional development experience par excellence! Thank you for making and taking the time to attend. We're excited and look forward to having everyone here!
Please register by Monday, May 18th. Even if you are not attending PD 2009, please refresh your RETA instructor status by registering.
PD 2009 will offer sessions on a variety of topics. If you facilitate PDD sessions, you are required to attend the PDD Refresher session. Per several requests, there is a Podcasting Refresher session.
The Google for Educators and Google Earth sessions are all day sessions. Since Google Earth is more suited for secondary teachers and Google Tools works for K-12, it is recommended that instructor teams split up and each attend one of the Google sessions.
Other topics include:
- Edmodo for Blended Learning
- Internet Safety - featuring new web sites such a Common Sense Media, Wired Safety and updates on iSafe America
- Personal Learning Networks & Networking with RETA
- What's New in Web 2.0
- Clicker Systems
Now that you are totally flummoxed with too many choices, you probably wish you could just clone yourself and attend all the sessions!
Milton Hall, Room 185, NMSU Campus; Las Cruces, New Mexico
Saturday, May 30
- Check-in: 7:15 A.M. - 8:00 A.M.
- Meeting: 8:15 A.M. - 9:00 A.M.
- Workshops: 9:00 A.M. - 4:45 P.M.
- Tech Happy Hour: 5:00 P.M. - 6:30 P.M.
- Featuring presentations by your fellow RETA instructors
Sunday, May 31
- Hospitality Table: 8:00 A.M. - 8:30 A.M.
- Workshops 8:30 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.
Please make your own reservations ASAP.
NMSU parking regulations are not enforced on the weekends. You do not need a parking pass. Wahoo!
A Hospitality Table, lunches for May 30th and may 31st, and goodies at Tech Happy Hour will be provided at RETA PD 2009.
For attending all day, each day, you will receive:
- $100 stipend on Saturday
- $75 stipend on Sunday
You will also receive:
- $80/day per diem (Generally, 2 night maximum. However, if you have to travel a long distance and need 3 nights of lodging, please email your request in advance to Susie Bussmann (email@example.com).
- 44.5 cents/mile if you drive from out of town
Logging Banner Hours
Based on your attendance, please log your hours at my.nmsu.edu as follows:
- Full Attendance: 8.75 hours ( = $175 / $20 per hour)
- Full Saturday, Half Sunday: 7.5 hours ( = $150 / $20 per hour)
- Saturday only: 5 hours ( = $100 / $20 per hour)
Stuff to bring
- Laptops - you are welcome to bring your laptop. However, it needs to be setup on the NMSU network.
- iPod and/or Zune for Podcasting Refresh attendees
Prepping your laptop for Podcasting Refresh
Please download and install these free applications and plug-ins:
- The registration will be in Milton Hall Room 185.
- The hospitality table will be set up in La Academia.
- Per usual cool tech door prizes will be given out this year.
Call RETA at 1.800.821.1574 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NMSU | RETA
- (575) 646-8231 or (800) 821-1574 | Fax: (575) 646-2044
- Milton Hall 185, MSC 3CEL, P.O. Box 30001
- Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001