The count down is on, 4, 3, 2, 1, Blast Off to PD 2008! Your participation in this event promises to make it another RETA professional development experience par excellence! Thank you for making and taking the time to attend. We're excited and look forward to having everyone here!
Registration ends Friday, May 16th
If you are a Laptop Learning Initiative (LLI) instructor, it is recommended that you attend the Moodle track. If you are part of a LLI instructor team, then one of you should attend the Moodle track and one of you should attend the Educational Podcasting and Video Podcasting track.
If you are a Building Blocks instructor, you are required to attend the Educational Podcasting and Video Podcasting track.
If your school district and/or neighboring districts are or will be hosting Moodle, it is recommended that you attend the Moodle track.
If you do technology workshops with more elementary educators, the Educational Podcasting and Video Podcasting track is recommended. Whereas if you do technology workshops with more secondary educators, the Moodle track is recommended.
Now that you are totally confused with all these recommendations, you probably wish you could just clone yourself and attend both tracks!
Milton Hall, Room 185, NMSU Campus; Las Cruces, New Mexico
Saturday, May 31
- Check-in: 8:00 A.M. - 8:30 A.M.
- Meeting: 8:30 A.M. - 9:30 A.M.
- Workshops: 9:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
- Tech Happy Hour: 4:30 P.M. - 5:30 P.M.
Sunday, June 1
- RETA Website Tour and Starbucks Kaffee Klatch: 8:00 A.M. - 8:30 A.M.
- Workshops 8:30 A.M. - 2:30 P.M.
Please make your own reservations ASAP.
NMSU parking regulations are not enforced on the weekends. You do not need a parking pass. Wahoo!
A Hospitality Table, lunches for May 31and June 1, and goodies at Tech Happy Hour will be provided at RETA PD 2008.
For attending all day, each day, you will receive:
- $100 stipend on Saturday
- $75 stipend on Sunday
You will also receive:
- $80/day per diem (Generally, 2 night maximum. However, if you have to travel a long distance and need 3 nights of lodging, please email your request in advance to Susie Bussmann (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 44.5 cents/mile if you drive from out of town
Logging Banner Hours
Based on your attendance, please log your hours at my.nmsu.edu as follows:
- Full Attendance: 8.75 hours ( = $175 / $20 per hour)
- Full Saturday, Half Sunday: 7.5 hours ( = $150 / $20 per hour)
- Saturday only: 5 hours ( = $100 / $20 per hour)
Stuff to bring
- Laptops (everyone
- iPod and/or Zune for Pod/vodcasting attendees
- 1” 3-ring notebook for Moodle track attendees
Prepping your laptop
Please download and install these free applications and plug-ins:
- The hospitality table will be set up in La Academia.
- Arriving late to PD? Find Lori/Leo to register and Kerry to set up internet access for your laptop.
- An iPod Nano and other door prizes will be given out this year.
Call RETA at 1.800.821.1574 or email email@example.com.
- NMSU | RETA
- (575) 646-8231 or (800) 821-1574 | Fax: (575) 646-2044
- Milton Hall 185, MSC 3CEL, P.O. Box 30001
- Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001